Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trading Up, Putting Out and Giving In (Bubble Gum and an ICKY STICKY Sole)

Trading in to trade up.
A trade, a maid, a love story, a rut.
Given half until its due; learned faith for blasphemy and one equals two.
Given in or giving up--you tell me what's up.
A muse to amuse a hampster confused.
Putting out-- put it in---Put up with my version of sin.


Wait, I can say it again.


Traded in or disguised as up.
Dependency on another, faith of a mother. Shutter!
The sum of the parts can be greater than the whole
loads of promises as far as promises go.
A child on hip, a cigarette in lips, a vile in jeans
adds up to numbers without letters it seems.

Trading out of the aliance made--
Everything bright will fade.
Bad energy and additude
and really its still new, but lude.

Before the trade, had it made. Self reliant with one on which to lean.
Would offer it all, and gave more, bonds too strong to break now strain.
But giving in was beyond the worst we could do when you for me was as I for you.
Who knew?

When I didn't rate it or deserve it was served.
When I didn't need, a straight tap feed.
When I earned a higher rank, the line went tight then--yank!
Especially when need was spoke. Depend on me you silly bloke how can you falter when
you have it all under control. Give me a little bubble gum chum and I'll give you an icky sticky sole.
Independence keeps you too high. Depend on me, down here, live a little and see,
dependency is impossible without concent.
It's not broken, but sure looks bent. Maybe a little kinky, perverse power hungry,
power struggle, padded with a smuggle snuggle.

So what's the trouble? Traded up rather than in. Put up rather than out. Gave in and might give up.
I've told you, don't ask what's up.

If it's wrong or broke speak up, clear some smoke--it's worth more than a bit
I'm dim, but sadly, this time, it's not my wit.
Dark days replaced by bright big nights. Anything but fights.
Not asking anymore.
Permission keeps tension on bonds that hardly bend.

Put in for a friend, trade down for lost things found. Worse than giving in and more than giving up, imagine if I give out.

That's not what it's all supposed to be about; rank, bonds, struggles, clout--and I'm out.

(Typed quickly for all my friendly editors out there. Will proof read later but had to get it done while the baby still slept.)

No comments: